We actively recruit singers throughout the year, holding auditions by appointment.
To sing with the Metropolitan Master Chorale you should be a moderate to strong reader and be able to quickly master lyrics in a variety of languages.
Our singers have a wide range of backgrounds and experience, but share a love of music, have high musical standards, and enjoy the Chorale community. We perform three major concerts each season.
The Chorale rehearses every Wednesday from 7 to 10 pm in Hollywood, from September through early June. Members are expected to attend all rehearsals, be on-time, and pay dues of $25 per month. (Dues reductions are available on a confidential basis to students and those experiencing financial constraints.)
- Contact the Chorale by phone or email. Call 323.342.2263 or email us and put “Audition” in the subject line.
- We will follow up with you to schedule your audition with Artistic Director, Glenn Carlos.
- Download and the complete the Audition Form and bring it with you to your audition.
- Artistic Director Glenn Carlos will conduct the audition, which will take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Please prepare a solo with two copies of your piano accompaniment (the Chorale will provide the accompanist). In addition to your prepared solo, you will be asked to sing some scales, to sight-read a few lines of music, and to clap some rhythms.
- Mr. Carlos will let you know your audition results in 3 to 7 days.
Contact the Chorale
P.O. Box 481318
Los Angeles, CA 90048